Here I am!!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Serpent and the Rudraksh


This happened early in the morning today and I have to blog it right away to retain the juices of the story....When I came down to my parking lot today I saw that there were 3 cars parked behind my Palio. I had a choice between getting late and brush myself with the terrible peak hour traffic of Delhi or to let Aprothena be parked for the day and take an auto and boy I never thought that I would be starting my day with the weirdest of the thing which was waiting for me at the chirag Dilli flyover...
The red light at Chirag Dilli flyover is relatively a long one and is usually very noisy....I was blowing some air in my shirt to beat the heat when suddenly a safron clad long bearded "Baba Ji" came by the auto I had taken....He had a typical Baba attire and to show off his so called "sidhis" he was holding a snake.....not a cobra, not a rattle snake , not a russels viper , not even a krate (which are harmless during the day but deadly in the night) but a venomless brown sand snake which looks the same at the head and tail......I guess this Baba had no clue that I am an avid fan of Animal Planet shows showcasing snakes and crocs . Late Steve Irvine's (popularly known as the crocodile Hunter) show and few others are pretty informative about serpents. So, I knew that this stupid looking snake is totally harmless. Now baba wanted me to give a little donation and I told him that I am not carrying any change......but, Baba ji had already thought of an evil plan against me so he told me "Yeh paisa waisa hamare liye kuch nahin hai Bacha..Apni pocket se sabse bada note nikaal aur bas Naag dev ko chuu de ....bahut paisa payega" . I thought this would be fun so I opened my wallet and got the 500 bucks note and touched it to the snake...But, he said let me do it the right way and literally snatched the note out of my hand and did a trick and somehow hid the note and told me "Naag devta tera note khaa gaye hain...Abb tujhe paise ki chinta karne ki koi jaroorat nahin hai" ..And he gave me a Rudraksh as bhole nath ka prasad .At this instant I came to realize what this asshole was trying to do and I held his hand and gave a little twist to his arm ( I am pretty good at it :-) ) and suddenly the guy tried to scare me with the snake.... I took his stupid snake out of his hand and threw it to the other side of the auto and the onlookers ( a few bikers and a lady in santro ) were very amused and then I gave two solid whacks on his face and baba instantly had a personality switch and he was apologizing to me and gave me my 500 bucks note which was totally crampled and he had hid between his cuffs.....I think the snake was pretty confused ... It would have been the first time that it had encountered Delhi traffic....The car drivers were kind enough not to run over it otherwise I would have been feeling sorry for the poor animal...The light turned green and I asked my auto driver to start driving while I was still twisting baba's arm....Baba started saying "Sorry Sir ...Sorry Sir " At this I gave him another whack on the face....this was a strong one as I could feel it on my palm as well....and I left his arm saying never to do it again....The guy followed me for a while shouting "Mera Rudraksh to wapis kar do" but I didnt do that...I saw him asking the car drivers to slow down so that he can pick his snake and continue his business....But, I am pretty sure he will think twice before pulling such a trick on anyone....My autowala was thoroughly amused and told me that I earned 500 Bucks today........The rudraksh is still with me....Couldnt help taking a photograph and post it......Usually i feel bad when i treat poor people or beggars badly but I am proud of what I did to this asshole ...I just hope that the snake wasnt hurt....

1 Comments:

  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Ashish said…

    Dude, this happened to me right outside my house! Though my encounter was a lot less tame - I decided not to let the fucker take the note in his own hands, which I was sure he would have flicked if I would have let him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home