Here I am!!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Gandhian Way


I finally watched "Lage Raho Munna Bhai" ....I think its a nice movie.... Some people may think that the glorification of Gandhi was totally unnecessary and others might see it as a good effort to put the Gandhian way back into the people....
Almost everyone of us must have said that this Gandhian ideology cant work in the current scenario but we never question why it wont work? ....or may be we just dont want it to work...I know there are a lot of incidents in everyones life when we think that we have been victims of the corrupt system....but we never ponder on the fact that may be we are responsible to a certain extent for making this system the way it is now....how many people among us have stood in the line and given a driving test to get a drivers license ( I know I have...) . When we are caught by a traffic cop for overspeeding or jumping a light why do we want to take a shortcut by bribing him. why cant we just go through the normal procedure and get a ticket...well we always have an excuse- "The system is sick". We always have the prespective that the cop has stopped me just because he wants money...If for once we change this prespective and accept to get booked for the offence gracefully then may be we can contribute a little bit to get the system on track....
Coming to "The truth" ideology. This is extremely difficult for anyone to follow in its purest form. But I think there is a definite criteria we all should follow ....Always be truthful about your feelings for someone, never to tell a lie which if uncovered may hurt someone in any way and the foremost is to be truthful to yourself. Hiding stuff from your folks about your smoking/drinking etc etc is acceptable or not is a debatable topic so I wont even go there ( ha ha such an escapist I am at times)...rest we all know like "we have to tell thousand lies to cover a lie" blah blah blah....
Now coming to non violence....being slapped is one thing and being bombed is something else....I was just wondering to what an extent this non-violence ideology is scalable....you slap me on left cheek...I extend my right cheek seems okk....but you stab me on left side and I extend my right side to you....or you bomb Bombay and I offer you Delhi seems a little stupid....So where to drop this non-violence and pick up the stick....Can we quantify violence...You know something like
0-level abusive language ,slapping, punching, kicking
2-level Beating the shit out of someone, breaking nose, Bones etc
3-level stabbing, breaking skulls
4-level Shooting someone
5-level Bombing
So till what level should we be Non-violent to the person opposite us.
Finally coming to Gandhi ji ...I am actually a nobody in comparison to that great man to even try to be a critic here....All I can say is that you have be a hell of a man to actually achieve what this great man has achieved with his principle of truth and non-violence....

1 Comments:

  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Bhimania said…

    Amazing piece of thought.. i fully agree with you. Till the time we are not asking how to set things right, we are ourselves the part of the problem..
    I am really seeing some profound thought there, words which when translated into action can do some real good to the society.. Now i atleast know in my group i have a person who will atleast try to find the solution before saying, its not possible..
    Hail u mightyninja!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home