Here I am!!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ubuntu-"Linux for Human Beings"

"Ubuntu" is an african word that means humanity to others or I am what i am because of who we all are
There was a time when i used to tell people that although linux is my favourite OS but for the ease of PC usage I would prefer Windows....But, Ubuntu has changed everything...Now I can assure you that latest kernel version 2.6.15 is totally amazing and totally user friendly ....Infact their tag line also says "Linux for human beings" ...How appropriate... The only thing i had a problem with using ubuntu earlier was syncing my ipod mini with my laptop but gtkpod which comes with 2.6.15 has solved that problem also....Even all the  extra buttons for volume control , wifi activation etc on my presario v2000 work wonderfully on it and if one has a high speed internet connection then getting new applications and softwares can be done in no time at all with the package manager called synaptic which is a UI wrapper built around the friendly debian originated apt-get command...And the best part is that its all free.....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home