Here I am!!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Aphrothena


I was feeling guilty for not mentioning Aphrothena in any of my blogs.. Aphrothena is my car....Yaa I named my car. One might say how obsessive and weird is that. But, I guess your first car does need some special treatment. Now about the name Aphrothena.....Its comes from the name of two greek goddesses- Aphrodite and Athena .... So Aphrothena will mean Beauty and Wisdom......Aphrothena was born FIAT Palio 1.2 Elx..... I wanted to get Palio 1.6 Sports for its 100bhp engine and the tagline saying fastest hatchback available in India( goes from 0-60 in 4.6 seconds..but, the 1.6 beast is a gas guzzler.....gives an average of 9kmpl and 10kmpl when it is extremely happy....Moreover 1.6 comes only in two colours -Formula Red and Formula Yellow.....So I went for a sober looking , lil less powerful and a lil bit more fuel economical 1.2 Elx....Its not the fastest of the cars but I can vouch that its one of the safest and the most spacious hatchback available....Unfortunately my experience was a lil unpleasant as my car gave some problems just after 350 Kms because of a faulty part...But after a couple of visits at the dealer this problem was sorted out.
Overall I give my car 8/10....I am deducting 2 points for being less fuel efficient and poor service network....
Here is a pic of Aphrothena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home